About the gSearch Panel
The gSearch panel is a robust search tool for the library, timeline and files. Here are some of the key features of gSearch:
Library Search (view)
- Search for a string in library symbols. Toggle searching of Library name, linkage name, class name, and folder name.
- Double-click to quickly select instances in the library
- Double-click again to quickly edit the symbol
Timeline Search (view)
- Innovative timeline search to find instances with matching instance names, library names, linkage IDs and classNames. The timeline search scans all symbols' timelines for matching results.
- Also search for matching frame labels, sound names and linkages, and text instance names
- Timeline searches are chunked to support FLAs with large timelines without script timeouts
- Double-click results to quickly navigate to the layer and frame. Instances are selected.
File Search (view)
- Search a folder for files whose file contents contain a string. Supports regex
- Returns the file name, file type and number of matches per file
- Double-click to open the file
- Recent folder paths saved for later use
- Results are returned in an easily-sortable datagrid
- The panel maintains state between flash sessions, including the selected pane, and all radioButton states and search terms.
- Recent search terms are saved in a quick-access drop down menu